AED Presents: ABQ International Sunport: Current Trends and Growth Opportunities Webinar
AED’s Webinar Series is starting off with a special guest from the Albuquerque International Sunport:
Director Nyika Allen
The first woman to serve as Director of the Department of Aviation, Mrs. Allen is responsible for management oversite of the largest airport in New Mexico, the Albuquerque International Sunport (ABQ) and Double Eagle II (AEG) General Aviation Reliever Airport. This includes the airports annual operating budget and multi-year capital program. Director Allen is a founding member of the New Mexico Land of Enchantment Chapter of Women in Aviation International an organization dedicated to the encouragement and advancement of women in all aviation career fields and interests.
Under Mrs. Allen’s leadership, ABQ has expanded its route portfolio, completed a $30 million-dollar terminal renovation, taxiway reconstruction, added new streamline exit-doors, a nursing room and a pet relief area. Mrs. Allen has led the effort to partner with the electric utility to perform major upgrades to the electrical infrastructure, negotiated a water reuse contract with the water authority to save millions of gallons of potable water per month, and was awarded funds to purchase electric passenger busses and charging stations for EGSE. According to the most recent economic impact study, ABQ and AEG generate $2.25 billion annually in economic impact for the region.
Join us for this presentation, Q&A and input session!
- 12 Companies Awarded over $3 million from JTIP
- Albuquerque Ranked Best Large City for Film Fourth Year in a Row by MovieMaker Magazine
- Albuquerque Regional Economic Alliance (AREA) Addresses Region’s Economic Competitiveness Opportunities
- SOUTHWEST DEBUTS NEW NON-STOP SERVICE TO BURBANK, CALIFORNIA
- UNM Anderson School of Management hosts second of four-part series focused on regional collaboration and innovation