Cost of Living
Albuquerque boasts a low cost of living to go along with its wonderful climate and favorable business environment. Albuquerque's composite score in the ACCRA Cost of Living Index is just below the national average of 100.
Albuquerque was named as one of the top places to build wealth by Salary.com thanks to its reasonable housing, activities and prices in general.
Cost of Living Comparison
Cost of Living Categories
|Misc. Goods & Services
Source: C2ER Cost of Living Index, Q3 2015 Report
Selected Pricing Examples:
- State University And College Tuition
The New Mexico Legislative Lottery Scholarship rate approved for 2015/2016 school year is $2,447 for students who complete 15 credit hours per semester and maintain a 2.5 GPA.
- Median Sale Price of Existing Single-Family Home: $185,600 3rd quarter 2015
- Personal Income Tax Top Bracket: 4.9 percent
- Albuquerque Country Club Membership: $7,500 initiation, $380 monthly
- Vehicle Registration: Cars $27 to $62, Trucks $38 to $207
- City Golf Fees: 18 holes $25.00 to $31.50, afternoon and special rates are also available
- Isotopes AAA Baseball: $13.85, $16.35, $26.60 (season tickets $580 to $1,400 for 72 games)
- University of New Mexico Lobo Football: $15 to $32 (season tickets $72 to $150)
- University of New Mexico Lobo Basketball: $15 to $29 (season tickets $252 to $1,825)