A SEAT AT THE TABLE
GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS AND ADVOCACY
AED supports policy, regulation and legislation that improve the region’s climate for business investment and growth.
AED’s advocacy agenda and positions are developed by AED’s Government Affairs Committee and approved by AED’s Executive Committee. AED’s local and state advocacy efforts include:
- Identifying and monitoring relevant legislative and regulatory issues.
- Developing position statements that align with the mission of the organization.
- Informing lawmakers and policymakers about AED’s position on relevant issues and serving as a resource to provide working knowledge, data and expertise.
- Encouraging AED member-company support and involvement through grassroots action.
- Educating the public about how issues will affect the community.
- Joining coalitions of like-minded organizations to collaborate on issues of common interest.
- Advocating for actions by decision-makers that will strengthen the business environment in the city, county and state.
For more information about AED’s advocacy efforts, please contact Beverly Cruz at email@example.com.