Government Affairs and Advocacy
Albuquerque Economic Development, Inc., supports policies, regulations and legislation that improve the region's climate for business investment and growth.
Our advocacy agenda and positions are developed by AED's Government Affairs Committee and approved by AED's Executive Committee. Through our advocacy efforts at the local and state level, AED:
- Identifies and monitors relevant legislative and regulatory issues.
- Develops position statements that align with the mission of the organization.
- Informs lawmakers and policy makers about AED's position on the issues and serves as a resource to provide working knowledge, data and expertise.
- Encourages member support and involvement through grassroots action.
- Educates the public about how issues will affect the community.
- Joins coalitions of like-minded organizations to collaborate on issues of common interest.
- Advocates for actions by decision makers that will strengthen the business environment in the city, county and state.